GEDCOM Validator is a tool for checking a GEDCOM file for problems which could lead to data loss when transferring files between different genealogy applications. Lots of genealogy products claim support for GEDCOM but often there are differences in the way each creates GEDCOM files. This means it is more important than ever for developers and users to be able to check GEDCOM files adhere to the specifications correctly. Now with GEDCOM Validator, you can check your files for problems and get in depth help on fixing any issues reported.
• Check validity of GEDCOM 5.5, 5.5.1 and 5.6 files.
• Search and save a list of all issues reported.
• Decode Binary Large Object (BLOB) data and save as a file.
• File type icon for GEDCOM files.
• In depth online and offline help with examples showing how to fix any issues reported.
• Detect and repair the text encoding of GEDCOM 5.x files.
• Search for all GEDCOM files on a device.
• Full support for many accessibility features including high DPI displays, high contrast themes and support for the OpenDyslexic font.
It is the first comprehensive offline GEDCOM validator for Windows with a modern user interface and full help and documentation. It is also the only standalone GEDCOM BLOB decoder in the world.